Kidnap, Extortion and Detention
Kidnap, detention, and extortion are real dangers for companies operating overseas or in domestic markets.
Management often overlooks these dangers on the grounds that "it won't happen to us." But
the damage inflicted on a business can be severe as the annual roll call
of corporate victims around the world testifies.
XN Financial offers kidnap, detention, and extortion coverage tailored precisely to the policyholder's needs. Our offering can provide the following coverage:
- Priority access to our specialist crisis management company providing advice and support throughout an incident
- Policy limits up to Policy limits up to $25 million (Higher limits available on request)
- Reimbursement of ransom payments (up to the policy limit)
- The loss in transit of a ransom (up to the policy limit)
- Various expenses including rewards, independent negotiators’ fees, public relations consultants, interpreters, travel and accommodation costs
- Psychiatric, medical and dental care costs
- Legal advice
- Payment of the salary of the detained person and/or their replacement
- Interest on loans
- Legal Liability
- Salary of a family member
- Personal accident benefits
We can also include the following extensions:
- Loss of earnings
- Computer virus loss of earnings
- Emergency political repatriation and relocation expenses
- Threat response
- Product recall and destruction costs
- Child abduction
- Mysterious disappearance
- Hostage crisis
Policyholders will receive a subscription to an online service that provides information on over 400 of the world’s top travel destinations.
These travel briefings include pertinent information for each location in a concise format designed specifically with the travelers.
For more information on this insurance product,
please send your email to: